WCIU, The U
‘Watch Court, Win a TV’ (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations:
Contest Period: April 19 - April 23, 2010
1. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by “WCIU, The U” whose address is 26 N. Halsted, Chicago, Illinois 60661.
2. ENTRY. A purchase is not required to win one (1) flat screen television via the ‘Watch Court, Win a TV’ Contest. The Contest begins on April 19 at 3 PM and ends on April 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM. Specifically, Monday through Friday, viewers will watch ‘Judge Mathis’ at 3 PM and ‘The People’s Court’ at 4 PM, both on WCIU, The U for their chance to win. Each weekday during the contest period, a Code Word of the Day will be shown during the 3 PM broadcast of ‘Judge Mathis’ and another, different Code Word of the Day at 4 PM during ‘The People’s Court.’ Viewers must then log on to WCIU.com and enter the correct Code Word of the Day for either or both shows in two separate contest entry fields by 11:59 PM that night. One winner will be selected on Monday, April 26, 2010 from all eligible entries using a computer software winner selection tool. Only one entry per person, per Code Word of the Day, per email address per day will be accepted; i.e., one entrant per day per email address can enter with both the ‘Judge Mathis’ and ‘The People’s Court’ Code Word of the Day for that entrant’s chance to win.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is only open to all legal residents of Illinois and Indiana. The winner must be 18 years of age or older and live in the Chicagoland television viewing area (as defined by A.C. Nielsen Co.). Employees of “WCIU, The U,” Weigel Broadcasting Co., Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning, and each of their partners, advertising agencies, consultants, franchisees, suppliers, subsidiaries and family members are not eligible to enter or win.
4. PRIZES. Weigel Broadcasting Co. guarantees that one (1) 32” RCA flat screen television will be awarded, valued at $440 (The “Prize”). Odds of winning will be determined by total number of contest entries. Any selected winner who cannot be reached or contacted to confirm their selection three (3) days after an initial phone call to the number listed on their entry will be disqualified and an alternate contestant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries and notified. The Prize winner must possess a valid picture ID to claim their Prize.
5. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The Prize is non-transferable. Winner must pick up their Prize from Weigel Broadcasting Co.’s station, located at 26 N. Halsted, Chicago, IL within 30 days of accepting their Prize. There will be no substitutes or cash redemptions awarded to the Contest winner. By entering, the winner shall consent to the use of their name, likeness, and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes related to the Contest, without additional consideration.
6. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. The winner is responsible for income and other taxes on their Prize. The winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Letter of Indemnification upon receipt of their Prize. Failure to comply with the rules and conditions of the Contest may result in a forfeiture of their Prize.
7. MISCELLANEOUS. The decisions made by “WCIU, The U” concerning any and all matters with respect to this promotion shall be final. In the event of a computer or telephone failure, or any other circumstances beyond the control of “WCIU, The U” where it becomes impracticable for “WCIU, The U” to award the Prize “WCIU, The U” may, in its sole and absolute discretion, determine not to award any such Prize. “WCIU, The U” is not responsible for replacing the Prize as a result of events beyond the control of the station. This Contest is void where prohibited, penalized or otherwise restricted by law. A copy of these official Contest rules are available at WCIU.com or at “WCIU, The U” offices located at 26 N. Halsted, Chicago, IL or by writing to “WCIU, The U” ‘Watch Court, Win a TV,’ 26 N. Halsted, Chicago, IL 60661. If you wish to receive the name of the Contest prize winner, you must send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to WCIU, The U, ‘Watch Court, Win a TV’ Winner, 26 N. Halsted, Chicago, IL, 60661. “WCIU, The U” must receive any request for the winner name no later than May 29, 2010.